Joined: 16 Mar 2007
|Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:34 pm Post subject: ASCO Presents “wish list” to Alderman Smith
The following “wish list” was given to Alderman Mary Ann Smith's staff at her request. Each year she held a pizza and beer party for her 48th Ward Zoning and Planning Committee. Organizations participating were asked to bring a wish list for the coming year. ASCO has always presented a list even though it often contained the same items.
December 8, 2010
These are our requests for infrastructure and other expenditures for 2011 for the 48th Ward. Many are from previous years.
1. Rebuild the infrastructure of Sheridan Road, including new paving and countdown pedestrian & advance lighting
2. Pedestrian light on both sides of Sheridan Road from Foster to Devon.
3. Pedestrian lighting from Broadway to Sheridan on Glenlake, Thorndale, Ardmore, Catalpa, Balmoral.
4. Streetscape on Sheridan Road
5. Purchase lot north of Dominick's (Foster & Sheridan) & development into a bus station & driver comfort facility.
6. Renovation of the playground in Hollywood Park, behind St. Andrew's Greek Orthodox.Church.
7. Red light camera for Ardmore and Sheridan.
8. Beautification of Thorndale's east street end.
9. Improve public safety at Broadway & Granville and Granville & Sheridan intersections.
10. Install a 3 tier drinking fountain in park at 6151 N. Sheridan
11. Reduce bicycle riding on Sheridan Road sidewalks through enforcement of ordinance & maintenance of alternate routes.
12. Repaving & relighting of alleys west of Sheridan between Foster and West Sheridan.
13. Repair of Glenlake between Broadway and Sheridan.
14. Increase emptying of waste containers at bus stops.
Thank you for your consideration.
ASCO Board of Directors