Joined: 16 Mar 2007
|Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:08 pm Post subject: ASCO Asks Help from LPAC in Upgrading North End of Park
|Once again ASCO has asked the Lincoln Park Advisory Council for assistance in repairing and developing the Edgewater portion of Lincoln Park. LPAC agreed that this portion of the park is short of amenities and has voted to make it a priority. Lincoln Park is Chicago's largest park and extends north to Ardmore or Thorndale, depending on Lake levels.
The following items were passed on to the Chicago Park District, again.
1. Repave bike path north of Foster and create soft shoulders for pedestrians.
2. Rehabilitate and landscape Contemplation Point
3. Create focus point at Hollywood west of curve
4. Remove invasive dune grass from west part of Osterman beach and behind the Surfside.
5. Landscape Osterman Beach House
6. Replace Hollywood Park playground equipment
7. Develop plan for beautification of “The Meadows” and a playground..